Field training option
7 – 9th October 2019
The topics to be discussed:
- Grafting: theory plus practical demonstration plus an opportunity for delegates to do some grafting themselves
- Trial measuring and tree assessments, practical considerations, electronic data capture, measuring equipment and infield demonstration
- Tree seed orchards discussing site species matching, design, spacing and practical management considerations
- Cross pollinating for both pine and eucalyptus including a practical demonstration
- Field trials: types of designs; block, single tree, line plots and pre-commercial block planting with a visit to an example of each. We will also demonstrate some practical considerations for setting up, laying out trials, the importance of pegging and various other considerations
Field visit Including accommodation and meals (excl. drinks) and transport during the field visit, beginning and ending at Durban King Shaka International airport.
The field training will be based at Ingeli Lodge hotel, Weza, southern KwaZulu-Natal.
Early Bird Price:
Before 1 August 2019
You may also like a course…